Technorati Issues And Other Test Results
I said from the giddy-up that this site was an experiment. That I would be trying different ideas all the time.
Well here are the results from some of them:
Things That Work
Previews: I’m sure you have noticed that I try to post what I’m going to be writing about in the next few days. TV and Film does it. I now know why. Days where I say what’s coming up have a 10%+ higher readership than average.
Real People: The more popular posts on chartreuse (beta) are the ones where people who are actually in the ‘industry’ are mentioned in the headline. They have a 20%+ readership than average. People like talking about the industry but really like talking about people.
Girls Pictures: 5%+ more than average if a female picture is used.
More Posts: The more I post the more readers. It doesn’t really matter the quality of the posts. (That’s why I started giving what’s coming up it’s own post instead of putting it at the end of an article.)
How To: How to articles are very popular.
What Doesn’t Work:
Short Posts: For some reason this audience likes longer posts. Go Figger.
Short Headlines: If you notice I started using longer and longer headlines. Long headlines work for this audience. I think because I can explain more what you are about to read.
Ambigous Headlines: It seems no one wants to read “What Happens After What Comes Next”. Maybe it’s because it is not a good headline
Technorati hates me. I can’t seem to get credit for links. But I’m not the only one. I actually just decided to ignore it and just do what I do. If you read umair at bubblegen then you know that it’s hard to get added to blogrolls these days. Part of the cost of being new.
Monday I start running my first ads. You probably won’t notice them. I did testing in a post last week and though 35 people clicked on it, no one complained. Cool Beans.
I’ll be trying some new stuff next week.
Thanks for participating.Explore posts in the same categories: advertising, blog networks, content, experiment, research